Max Badasch was born in Berlin on 8th November 1890. His father, Mordech Hirsch Badasch, and his mother, Mirjam née Rippmann, had immigrated from Wilna. His father supported the family as a cigar maker after their immigration.
When he was old enough, Max Badasch became an apprentice in a factory owned by Moritz Boehme in Berlin NW 24, Oranienburger Strasse 65, where they made sanitary products. In the twenties and the beginning of the thirties, Max Badasch occasionally worked for this same company as an agent, then as a branch manager in Hamburg and became a co-owner between 1925 and 1929. After 1933 he was an independent businessman.
On 14th April, 1922 he married Editha Schuber in Berlin-Steglitz. Their son, Gerhard Manfred, was born on 27th February 1924 in Countess-Rittberg Hospital in Lichterfelde. In those early years, the family lived in Flemmingstrasse and Arndtstrasse in Steglitz. It was in 1936 that Mr. and Mrs. Badasch, realizing what the future would hold, made the decision to send their son to the United States on a children’s transport. Upon arriving there he lived in the home of a foster family in St. Louis, Missouri.
According research Max Badasch was forced to labor for the Nazis from 1940. First he worked as a civil engineer and later worked in the Blaupunkt Factory in Forckenbeckstrasse 9-13 in Wilmersdorf.
Until 1942 Max and Editha lived in Arndtstrasse in Steglitz which was renamed Rathstrasse in 1939. In the spring of 1942 Max and his wife moved from Rathstrasse 46 to Thomasiusstrasse 26 in Moabit into an apartment they had to share with several other Jews. In February 1943 they were brought from their apartment to an assembly camp where on 28 February they were given an Official Order Of The Confiscation Of Their Property. The last official date found was 1st March 1943 when Max and Editha Badasch were deported to Auschwitz with the 31st transport to the east.