Hans Georg Wolff was born on 11 December 1879 in Berlin. He and his wife Henriette had a daughter, Elisabeth, who was born in Berlin in 1926. A doctor of chemistry, Hans Georg Wolff worked as a sworn expert on paint and varnish for clients including the Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
The Wolff family lived initially at Philippstraße 3 in Berlin-Mitte. In 1926 they moved out to Waidmannslust but returned to central Berlin in 1930, taking an apartment at Luisenstraße 21. In 1934 they moved once again, this time to Bundesratufer 1 in Moabit. Hans Georg Wolff set up a laboratory at Luisenstraße for his work.
His daughter Elisabeth Wolff attended the private Jewish school Zickel, and later the Jewish school at Klopstockstraße 58, until all Jewish schools were closed in June 1942. Dr. Hans Georg Wolff was made to check rust-proofing paint for naval submarines in his laboratory from 1937 onwards. In 1942 he performed forced labour for the company Warnecke und Böhm in Weißensee.
The entire family was deported to Riga on the “21st transport to the east” on 19 October 1942 and has been classified missing ever since.